The seven specialty areas for the B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies represent seven tracks that students may follow toward completion of the degree and the earning of Teacher Certification. All students pursuing anyone of the seven tracks must be admitted to the Department as well as to the Educator Preparation Program in the College of Education.
- Must first be admitted to the University.
- Must be TSI Complete.
- Must eradicate deficiencies assessed at the time of admission.
- Must petition the College for admission at the completion of TSI requirements.
All requirements for the Educator Preparation Program
- Student must have a 3.0 GPA to be admitted to the Educator Preparation Program.
- Courses designated as major courses must be completed with grades of “B”, where grades of “B-” are unacceptable.
- Grade restrictions referenced for the Educator Preparation Program must also be adhered to Prior to graduation, a comprehensive departmental exit examination is administered to seniors.